All fruits and vegetables are light and nutritious foods that should not miss in our daily diet if we want health care, but if you want to achieve a diet low calorie and high-volume that will help you lose weight, you want to know the copies with less calories.
Vegetables with fewer calories
Sheet and some other vegetables are in general the poor in calories because they are simultaneously which have higher water content and this makes them ideal ingredients to lose weight, because they occupy much space on our plate without offering nearly energy.
Vegetables with fewer calories are:
- Cucumber: it is very rich in water by representing one of the vegetable ingredients to more moisturizing and poor in calories. Specifically it provides 13 Kcal per 100 g and you can add it to salads, creams and cold soups, snacks, sandwiches and many other dishes unless it provides more water to them.
- Endive: with little more than 17 Kcal per 100 grams, but with lots of fiber and carotene and potassium this green leaf can incorporate variety of salads and used as a ‘cushion’ of other dishes if you want to increase the size of rations or the volume of preparation without adding calories-almost to the same.
- Lettuce: like all Greens, lettuces are very low in calories. In this case we will get only 19 Kcal per 100 grams but with joining our dishes we can considerably increase the volume of them to facilitate the satiety of the organism.
- Celery: contains lots of fiber and potassium, as well as an ingredient in high aqueous content that will help satisfy us with low calorie, because only does 19,2 Kcal per 100 grams to the body. We can use it to Peck, to add to salads or even, to add to soups or creams, stewed, sautéed, sauces and many other preparations.
- Peppers: with little less than 20 Kcal per 100 g peppers are a good alternative to add color and texture to the dishes given its rich in fiber as well as its high content of carotenes and vitamin C antioxidant function.
- Spinach: an option that contains only 20.7 Kcal per 100 grams and offers carotenes, vitamin A, potassium, calcium, and vitamin C to take care of the body and help us get in shape. In addition, there are also lots of water and fiber to help calm the appetite with few calories.
- Tomato: rich in lycopene, an antioxidant compound with great cosmetic effects, the tomato offers only 22 Kcal per 100 g and we can add it to variety of dishes to nourish the body inside and out nearly calorie-free.
These are vegetables with fewer calories that you can add to your meals if you want to lose weight using satiety ingredients, with good nutrients and high-volume to your dishes.
Fruits with fewer calories
Fruits, unlike vegetables, have greater amount of sugars natural in its composition, generally have more calories. However, there are copies very light as that they shown below:
- Lemon: it is an excellent source of antioxidants, such as vitamin C and carotenoids, and only provides 27 Kcal per 100 grams. We can use it to add a salad to make smoothies or juices moisturizing or, as seasoning of different dishes.
- Watermelon: high aqueous content and therefore very satiating, this fruit rich in carotenes and vitamin A offers only 28 Kcal per 100 grams and is an ideal choice to soothe the anxieties of sweets on a hot day.
- Strawberries: are seasonal ingredients that contain large amounts of vitamin C and fiber, in addition, are source of polyphenols with antioxidant effect and therefore, can help us to be shaped by adding only 32 Kcal per 100 grams to dishes.
- Grapefruit: only provides 32 Kcal per 100 grams and is one of the fruits with more fiber, which we can add to our dishes to tempt us with very few calories. It is ideal for hot days, as dessert, healthy snack or to consume as part of different preparations.
- Melon: melon is a choice rich in carotenes, but above all, a great source of potassium and water to hydrate the body. We can add it to salads, smoothies, juices, creams and cold soups or other dishes, because it only brings 34 Kcal per 100 grams.
These are fruits with fewer calories you can choose if you want lighter options to add to your table with the goal of weight loss with good nutrients and without starving.
Remember that fruits and vegetables are the wildcard of any diet that seeks health care, beautify us and help us to be fit, so don’t let missing from your table!